The Building Division is responsible for the enforcing of building codes relative to new construction, additions, remodeling and interior renovation of residential, commercial, and industrial property; including accepting and processing building permit applications, reviewing plans, and conducting inspections. Also responsible for condemnation and demolition of unsafe structures.
Building Department Hours 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Schedule an Inspection
Leave a message at 954-924-6805 x3709.
Forms & Applications
- Additional Submittal Form
- Building Permit Application & Checklist
- Building Permit Checklist & Application Procedures
- Change of Contractor Form
- Construction Cost Verification Form
- Contractor Registration Form
- Detail Specifications For Construction Of Sidewalks, Swale And Swale Paving
- Dumpster Enclosure Guidelines
- Emergency Generator Requirements
- Fire Plan Application & Approval Sheet
- Impact Fee Schedule
- Lot Coverage Information Form
- Mechanical Permits for AC Unit Replacement
- Mobile Home Minimum Requirements
- Owner / Builder Permit Affidavit
- Permit Fee Schedule
- Permit Information Request Form
- Permit Notice of Commencement
- Permit Revision Form
- Permit Special Inspector Form
- Pool Safety Information
- Request For Temporary 30-Day Electric Service
- Residential Swimming Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Safety Act Notice of Requirements
- Right Of Way Permit Application
- Septic Tank to Sewer Conversion
- Special Event Permit Application
- Swale Affidavit
- Tree Removal General License Use Notice Form
- Tree Removal License Application
- Water Sewer Summary Form
Fire Rescue & Emergency Services
- Why do I need a permit?
- What do I need a permit for?
- What work can I do as a homeowner?
- Are there any other places to which I must go?
- What paperwork is required?
- How long is the review process?
- What is the inspection process like?
- What is a red tag?
- When is the job complete?
- Hiring a contractor?
- What will happen if the homeowner/contractor doesn’t get a permit?