Garbage is collected twice a week in Dania Beach:
Residents who pay a sanitation fee to the city should have received green garbage bin for their use. Call Department of Public Services 954-924-3742 or Waste Management 954-974-7500 for replacement or additional garbage cans.
Garbage Collection Map:
Click here to see the Garbage Collection Schedule Map.
All kitchen and table refuse, paper, rags, food scraps and bagged grass clippings.
Glass and Mirrors:
All mirrors, glass table tops, window panes, plate glass, etc. will not be picked up unless they are properly and safely placed in a rigid container. The placing of these items, unqualified at the curb or side door will not be picked up and is a safety risk to residents and workers.
Brush, rocks, metal, bulk trash, construction debris, household hazardous wastes, flammable substances, medical waste, liquids, dead animals, sewage, manure and radioactive materials.
Remember to put your garbage out the night before collection.
Location and placement of cart:
- All garbage must be bagged and tied before placing inside the cart.
- The arrow located on the lid and metal bar on front of container should be facing out into the street or alley ready for collection.
- The lid must be closed so the garbage will not spill on the ground when emptied. Nothing can be placed on top of the closed lid.
- Place cart closer to the street or the automated truck WILL NOT be able to reach the garbage container, and it WILL NOT be emptied.
- All garbage to be collected MUST be placed inside the container. Additional containers may be purchased, if necessary. Call 954-924-3742 or Waste Management 954-974-7500.
- Do not place anything on top of closed lid or on the ground around the cart, as this will stop the driver from emptying the container.
- Place the cart in an OPEN SPACE or at least THREE FEET from all mailboxes, fences, telephone or FPL poles or trees. Also be sure that no vehicles are blocking the cart. If so, it will not be emptied.
- Your garbage should be placed out the night before and returned to storage by sunset on the day of collection.
All kitchen and table refuse, paper, rags, paperboard (cookie & cereal boxes) and food scraps. Bagged and tied grass clippings can go into the container.
No brush debris or bulk trash is allowed in container (an occasional palm frond or branch will be picked up as long as the lid on the cart still closes). All material placed in cart must be bagged and tied.
No rocks, metal, flammable substances, medical waste, liquids, dead animals, sewage, manure and radioactive materials.
Construction and demolition debris such as lumber, drywall, tile, and concrete can be taken to the Broward County Landfill, 7101 S.W. 205 Avenue (located at Sheridan Street and US 27). The telephone number is 954-680-0095 or 954-680-0087.
Household Hazardous Waste and chemicals cannot be put into your automated garbage container. When the solid waste crew empties your container into the truck which compacts the contents of the truck, the hazardous waste can react with other materials and cause injury. Pool chemicals pesticides, bleach, auto fluids and other household cleaners must be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off located at 5601 W. Hallandale Beach Boulevard every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. For more information, please call 954-765-4999.
If you are a new resident to Dania Beach:
Make sure that your account with the City of Dania Beach Water Billing Department has been transferred to your name. Please call 954-924-6800 x3661 to make these arrangements.
Call the Department of Public Services to request a garbage container (the first one is free). We will have a container delivered to you. You may also request recycling bins at this time, if necessary. Call 954-924-3742.
Garbage will be picked up as scheduled on every holiday with the exception of:
The collection schedule will change for this holiday only. Call 954-924-3742 for holiday schedule.
Reducing your Garbage Volume:
The City of Dania Beach encourages you to recycle to help reduce your garbage volume. It costs less to dispose of acceptable recyclable materials as recycling than to dispose of them as garbage. In addition, we have available Blue or Green Waste Containers for residents. The container will be serviced once a week. Call 954-924-3742 for more information on this program.
- Glass (brown, green, blue and clear) food and beverage containers. (Do not include broken glass of any kind.) Please rinse and remove lids.
- Plastics (#1,2,3)- soda bottles, milk and water jugs shampoo and detergent bottles. Please rinse, flatten plastics and throw away lids and caps.
- Metal cans (steel, tin and aluminum) soup, fruit, vegetable cat and dog food cans are recyclable. Please rinse container and throw away lids.
- Aseptic containers are milk and juice cartons and drink boxes. Please rinse container and throw away caps and straws.
- Keep newspaper together by placing in a brown paper bag or bind them with twine, then put newspaper next to or on top of the blue bin.
- Only brown corrugated cardboard shipping boxes can be recycled if flattened and bundled weighing no more than 40 lbs.
What do I do with it?
Call animal control at 954-359-1313 ext. 400 to report dead animals.
Broken glass should be put into a rigid container (such as a large tin can or cardboard box) sealed and then placed into a non re-usable garbage container.
Rocks, roofing materials, dirt and construction debris can be taken to the Broward County Landfill. There is a fee, call 954-680-0087 for directions and fee schedule.
Residential Waste Now Accepted at Trash Transfer Stations:
Broward County Waste and Recycling Services and Partner Cities will begin accepting yard waste, bulky waste and scrap metals for recycling at three trash transfer stations at no charge to residents in an effort to keep the county “clean and green” while preparing for hurricane season.
Items will be collected on Saturdays only, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the following trash transfer station locations:
- Pompano Beach, 2780 N. Powerline Road
- Davie, 5490 Reese Road
- West Park, 5601 W. Hallandale Beach Boulevard
The free disposal and recycling of debris includes yard waste (tree trimmings, branches, palm fronds, tree trunks), woody waste (fencing and lumber) and bulky waste (sofas, chairs, mattresses, carpeting). Scrap metal items (appliances with refrigerant removed, barbecue grills, bicycles, lawn equipment with fuels and oils removed) will also be accepted for recycling, as long as they are kept separate from other items.
No debris brought in on commercial vehicles (or vehicles marked as such), by private contractors or on trailers longer than eight feet will be accepted. This service is available to the residents of all Broward County cities except Pembroke Pines, Parkland, Pompano Beach and Hallandale Beach.
For questions or more information on what items will be accepted, please call the recycling hotline 954-765-4999 or visit www.broward.org/waste
Household hazardous wastes and chemicals can not be put into the garbage. We have had several incidents in past years, where residents have put chemicals in the garbage.
When the Solid Waste Crew throws the garbage into the truck and compacts it, it can react with other materials and cause injury. Pool chemicals, pesticides, bleach, auto fluids and other household cleaners must be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off located at 5601 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd. It is open every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Call Broward County for details, 954-765-4999.